Paediatric physiotherapy aims to assess and treat dysfunctions encountered in the early days of childhood and into adolescence. Treatments involve education, manual therapy, and corrective exercise.
Common conditions encountered in infanthood include:
- Torticollis: tightening of neck muscles that causes head tilt, flattening, always looking in one direction.
- Plagiocephaly or Brachycephaly: Flattening of head on the side or back of head.
- Hip dysplasia: babies born with shallow hip joints, where early strengthening is key.
Common conditions encountered in adolescence:
- Patellofemoral syndrome: Anterior knee pain with repetitive running, jumping, squatting
- Osgood Schlatters: Bony bump that develops under the knee cap, pain worsens with jumping, squatting and stairs.
- Fractures/dislocations: Kids are often active and accidents happen on the play ground, or during sports activities, early range of motion and strengthening are important for return to sport.
- Heel pain or foot pain: caused by plantar fasciitis or achilles tendonitis
- Hypermobility: commonly encountered in dancers where joints move beyond their natural range of motion
If your child suffers from any of the above conditions or more, please give us a call. We’d love to help!
Our Pediatric Physiotherapy Care Team
Aly has extensive experience treating a variety of orthopaedic conditions, she has obtained fellowship in Advanced Orthopaedic Manual & Manipulative Therapy (FCAMPT), as well as post graduate training in Women's Health, peri-natal and Pediatric care. Aly is certified in CGIMS, Acupuncture, Graston and certified orthotic provider. She enjoys treating patients of all ages and activities levels, her treatment involves determining precipitating factors leading to dysfunction/injury.
Aly helps her patients reach their goals through manual therapy, needling, corrective exercise and education. Aly has international experience through Karolinska Institute in Stockholm Sweden, while working with international ballet dancers and professional sports teams.
Ready to Take Charge of Your Health?
Contact us today to book your consultation